Today the new 7 Days To Die patch has gone live with a plethora of fix’s listed, however as always more than this has been fixed.
Some items of note in this patch are the changes in the D-Pad controls to be more Consistent, ensuring there is no way to “Hide” from the horde and fixing the exploit by using wooden crates to make a diving board style structure.
Below is a copy of the patch notes, if you want to read them direct then check out this link
Stability And Performance
- Fixed an issue that caused a much higher volume of disconnects from Online Multiplayer games.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing zombie corpses from turning into gore blocks as quickly as they are intended to which caused drastic perf slowdown during horde battles.
- Implemented a system to back up save files on PS4 so that, if a user’s save data becomes corrupted due to a crash during the saving process, they will lose very little progress. This fix will only work for any future saves that become corrupted; it will not be able to recover data for users who have run into save data corruption prior to Patch 3.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur while using the crafting menu.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when a player would take a part of a minibike while another player was driving it.
- Fixed an issue that was causing more frequent crashes in local multiplayer games.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when the first player for a local multiplayer game would quit out as soon as the second player joined.
- Fixed an unresponsive state that would occur on XB1 if the player removed the controller, suspended the game, added the controller back, and attempted to remove it again while on the main menu.
- Fixed a crash on PS4 that would sometimes occur when dismissing a controller disconnect pop-up.
- Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur when accessing loot containers.
- Fixed a crash that would occur on PS4 while loading a map after setting the system’s language to Arabic or Turkish.
Art And Animation
- Fixed an issue where the lighting update in Patch 2 caused lighting inside buildings to be too dark.
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 2 that caused the Mining Helmet light to be too dark and have a dark ring obstructing the player’s view.
- Fixed an issue where the light on the Mining Helmet would constantly move and rotate back and forth.
- Fixed an issue where having motion-blur on while riding a minibike would cause the character model to shake violently.
- Fixed an issue where the texture on the terrain would occasionally fail to load.
- Fixed a number of miscellaneous issues with character models and animations.
- Fixed an issue where SFX for thunder would play at too high a volume.
- Fixed an issue where SFX for rain would play at too high a volume.
- Fixed an issue where the layout of the D-Pad controls was inconsistent across items. The controls will now generally go as follows:
RIGHT: “Favorite” and “Scrap”
LEFT: “Recipe,” “Repair,” and “Use”
UP: “Equip” and other, context-sensitive controls
- Changed horde spawning slightly to ensure each of the players in a MP game will get attacked by a horde, no matter where they are in the world.
- Added an improvement so the player can hold “X” (on PS4) or “A” (on XB1) on the left arrow to increase the number of items to craft when crafting.
- Fixed an issue where hordes would vanish and fail to respawn if a player quit out of the game in the middle of a blood moon.
- Fixed an issue where doors to pre-existing buildings and POIs would respawn after having been destroyed by the player.
- Fixed an issue where it would briefly be snowing on world load, regardless of current biome.
- Fixed an issue where the minibike would occasionally stop on steep slopes.
- Fixed an issue where time would pass in the game while in the “Building Environment” portion of the world loading sequence.
- Fixed an issue where structures near a large lake in Navezgane would collapse on player contact.
- Fixed an issue on XB1 where cobwebs would spawn when a player would place a Minibike Chassis.
- Fixed an exploit where a player could duplicate wooden crates by building a diving-board-like structure and standing on top of a crate placed near the end of it.
- Fixed an issue where the menu cursor would not snap to search bars.
- Fixed an issue where the pipe bomb would fall to the player’s feet when thrown.
- Slightly increased the number of bird nests that spawn into the game.
- Added the version number to the main menu screen.